- Counselling on Sexually Transmitted Infections including HIV.
- Testing for HIV available in all provinces.
- Referral for specialist services.
- Provision of condoms (male and female).
- Resupply of contraceptives and other health commodities.
- Information on HIV and AIDS.
- Male Circumcision.
ZNFPC Spilhaus Centre is the National Training centre for Male Circumcision in Zimbabwe.
Role of Family Planning in HIV and AIDS Prevention
- Provision of counselling on Family Planning, reproductive health including reproductive tract infections (RTI)/STI/HIV and AIDS issues, helping clients to make informed decision.
- Provision of information on dual protection. Dual protection means protection against Sexually Transmitted Infections including HIV and unintended pregnancy.
- Providing barrier methods, male and female condoms which prevent sexually transmitted infections and HIV and unintended pregnancy.
- Providing Family Planning methods for both HIV negative and positive women. FP plays a crucial role in prevention of mother to child transmission.
- Diagnosis and treatment of reproductive tract infections which predispose one to risk of HIV infection.